I am so excited to share this recipe… It’s moist, paleo, vegan, gluten-free and absolutely delicious! My sweet tooth always steers me towards cakes or biscuits however, I am always looking for an alternative that gives me that quick fix but is in fact full of goodness and tricks my body into thinking its sweet when in fact its not! This recipe fits that bill! It uses natural sweeteners that are WAY better for you than artificial ones.
Sweet Potato FACTS
• Naturally, Sweet And Improves Regulation of Blood Sugar
• Anti-Inflammatory Benefits
• Anthocyanin (what makes a sweet potato orange) is full of anti-inflammatory health benefits. These benefits are found in brain and nerve tissue throughout the body
Vitamins and Minerals
• Sweet potatoes are FULL of vitamins A and C (which makes them great for your immune system). They also have vitamin B6, B1, B2, and B3
• Sweet potatoes are also full of manganese, copper, phosphorus, potassium, and fibre; all of which work together to keep your blood, digestion, and whole body healthy.
• Sweet Potato Brownies
• 1 cup mashed sweet potato
• ½ cup smooth nut butter of choice (I recommend almond or cashew butter)
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• ¼ cup cocoa powder
• Handful of carob chips (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a small cake/loaf pan.
• On the stove, melt nut butter with maple syrup.
• In a large bowl add the mashed sweet potato, melted nut butter and maple syrup, and cocoa powder and mix well.
• Fold in chocolate chips.
• Pour mixture into greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
• Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing and refrigerating.
• These brownies are best when cooled completely. Store in fridge or freezer and ENJOY!